Antifreeze Poisoning or…
Doc Truli’s Short List of Causes of Sudden Kidney Failure: Get to an Animal Hospital Right Away!!!!!
- Antifreeze – ethylene glycol poisoning
- Lyme Disease Vaccine
- Lyme Disease rickettsial infection
- Leptospirosis bacterial infection
- ***Cats**** (Remember this at Easter and Christmas) – Eating Lilly Plants, any part of the plant, even one bite causes sudden, kidney failure in cats. No cure; they die!
- ***Dogs*** Raisins, grapes and currants. Possible only a few of the fruits could cause it!
“VirtuaCat, being a lazy Himalayan pussums, barely notices floral arrangements on the dining room table. Still, we have a rule in our house: no lilies in or near the property, ever!” says Doc Truli.
Symptoms of Sudden Renal Failure
- excessive thirst and urination
- incoordination, called ataxia (legs not organized right)
- nausea and vomiting
- tremors, usually whole body
- rapid breathing and heart rate
- convulsions and seizures