Fat Dogs Epidemic in US
Well, we finally made our dogs as needy, neurotic, and fat as the average American! 65% of American dogs are fat. Many are obese. No one seems to either 1) know it, or 2) think it’s a big deal.
Here’s how you know if your dog is fat:
- Cannot feel or count the ribs.
- Cannot see a waistline from the side.
- Cannot see a waistline from the top.
Simple. See what I mean?
A fat dog is a “big” deal.
If your dog is fat, he or she will:
- Suffer arthritis, bronchitis, collapsing trachea, or heart failure much more easily than a thin dog.
- Die 2-4 years before he or she should.
2-4 years to a chihuahua or a labrador is like 20 years for us! Imagine that!